Friday, July 10, 2009

My First Post

I have been anxious to post to this blog but have been waiting until I learn more about creating websites. However, if I wait until everything is just perfect then I will never get started. So, here we go! This template based web page doesn't look anything like the site I'd like to design but for now it will have to do. Currently I am taking a course titled "Creating Web Pages" through Naugatuck Valley Community College in Waterbury, CT. You can check it out here Link. I took a Quark Express course at this school about 10 years ago and liked it a great deal. This time I am taking the course online. This is terrific! It is a fraction of the cost and I don't have to drive a long way for a 3 hour class. The lessons are spaced out over 6 weeks with quizzes and a final exam at the end. There is a discussion area where you can get extra help or have your questions answered. I really look forward to each new lesson. I am surprised to say this, but I don't see any disadvantage compared to attending a stix and bricks school. Mmmmm, makes me wonder about the future of education.

No comments:

Post a Comment