Sunday, October 3, 2010

George the Ground Hog

Yesterday afternoon we met George, the ground hog. While getting ready to put a T bone on the BBQ, our neighbor Ted called to us to exclaim that George the woodchuck had arrived for dinner. Ted, who has been camped two sites away from us for the summer, has apparently befriended this furry creature and feeds him or her daily. I was surprised that the little guy allowed us to pet him as well. Bread and assorted vegetables are now a part of his regular diet. I just hope he is able to feed himself this winter when all the campers have gone away.

This same evening I found this fuzzy caterpillar in our wood pile. The little fuzzy creation is quite intelligent as it would freeze in its tracks whenever I moved the board it was on but would start crawling again once I set the board down.





No comments:

Post a Comment